Schwan's Home Service is seeking a Consumer Care Representative for the afternoon/evening shift. This position is responsible for delivering a professional, consistent, quality experience while handling consumer and customer product related contacts for the business units of Schwan's Company. This position may participate in one or more of the following duties or activities as directed by supervision or management.
- Communicate with consumers and customers via telephone, email, and Home Service product returns letters. Obtain needed documentation and appropriate responses, including Consumer Brands coupon distribution, to consumers through use of a guided script that is professional and efficient.
- Research, retrieve and analyze customer/consumer and product data made available by various business units of the Schwan's Company, to recommend and implement actionable steps in the resolution of issues.
- Data includes customer/consumer information product attributes, promotions, new product roll outs, changes to product allergens claims, understanding latest food, nutrition and diet trends, foreign object handling, repeat customers (offenders) and general legal guidelines related to product complaints.
- Analyze questions and complaints pertaining to products and services with successful resolution through referencing published materials, secondary sources and/or senior staff.
- Maintain accurate collection and documentation of feedback from all parties contacted internal and external, minimizing risk and liability to The Schwan's Company.
- Coordinate information with legal regarding any consumer claims of foreign objects, illnesses or injuries as a result of product manufactured by or distributed by various business units.
- Verify all information to ensure reliable and valid information is available for analysis.
- Formulate and communicate empirical data associated with product concerns and trends.
- Participate and complete all required training for annual certification program requested by management to further the career growth
- Certification includes, but is not limited to:allergen, hot call training, food safety training, nutritional and diet training, legal/claims training and product knowledge training.
- Provide cross-functional support to each of the Business Units of the Company.
- Flexible work schedule may be required.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Years of Related Experience: Typically over 1 year of related experience
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Intermediate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly build rapport and trust with customers and efficiently and professionally resolve complex customer product issues through appropriate channels.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity of customer data.
- Proficient writing skills. Ability to communicate and present to members of upper management.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.