The Director of Finance will be responsible for supporting the VP of Financial Planning and Treasury through the strategic financial planning process for Avera Health and its entities.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Monitors Avera Health performance against standard rating benchmarks
· Directing staff in monitoring performance against approved business budgets
· Develops recommended assumptions, standards and methods to facilitate development of budgets in a consistent manner across all Avera sites
· Oversees, administers and trains stakeholders on recommended tools across Avera Health and its entities
· Seeks to identify areas of opportunities aimed at revenue growth, cost savings and addressing operating plan shortfalls.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelors degree in accounting/finance, healthcare administration or healthcare related field preferred.
· Five years of financial management experience in health care environment
· Progressive and responsible financial management experience
· Knowledge of health care delivery system and/or healthcare financial reporting.