Responsible for providing nursing care to patients and families. Communicates with physicians as well as other healthcare team members to provide excellent patient care.
- Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards. Coordinates the patient care activities for the clinic.
- Prepares the equipment and assists provider during procedures, treatments, examinations, and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reactions to drugs and treatments to provider. Dispense medications as directed.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information including obtaining the health history, taking vitals and conducting patient evaluations.
- Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Conducts clinical interviews with patients to assess a variety of patient needs to include, but not limited to the following information:
- chart visits at end of day and/or all necessary information and drugs prescribed
- obtain weight and height
- take blood pressure (temperature when necessary)
- take medical history information
- prepare patients for exam, having them in proper dress
- administer certain tests and treatments
- assist doctor as directed
MN RN, LPN or Medical Assistant license required upon hire
Position will be working in our Specialty Clinic including General Surgery for wound care, bariatric, outreach and procedure clinics.