- Position provides leadership on designated shift to med/surg, ICU and Pediatric staff.
- Coaches, counsels staff, conducts performance reviews.
- Organizes and directs work and work flow of patients throughout medical center.
- Rounds with physicians, oversees LOS management, admission and discharge processes.
- Conducts customer service initiatives and participates in quality improvement data collection and work.
- Serves as a resource to staff, patients, physicians, family members.
- Directly and indirectly supervises employees within the scope of responsibility.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Works designated 8 hour shifts during the week days, and 12 hour shifts on rotating weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited school of Nursing.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university school of nursing preferred.
- Previous demonstrate leadership experience preferred.
- Current Minnesota RN license required.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS required within 3 months of hire.
- CPI required within 4 months of hire.
- Maintains certifications as required by department/Avera Marshall.
- Also, membership in a professional organization is encouraged.