Schwan's Company is seeking an IT Project Manager to join our team in Marshall. This position is responsible for the successful delivery of medium to large information systems initiatives, on time, within budget and with optimum quality. This is a great opportunity to be part of an energized culture where transparency, direct communication and empowerment to share new ideas are the foundation of how we work. We are open to a new graduate who is eager to learn the project management field through mentorship by our Senior team members.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities related to projects and resources to ensure project goals are accomplished on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
- Manages the project team tasks, schedules and issues through all phases of the project
- Facilitates the project estimation and budget process while working closely with team leads and the account manager
- Works across IS to identify the resources needed to complete the project
- Identifies, tracks and manages cost, schedule, scope/quality of medium to large projects and/or a phase/release of a larger complex program
- Creates task plans, task effort, estimates budgets, statements of work and overall work effort and task dependency schedules
- Creates project status updates and project closure
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives of projects
- Ensures communication of project goals and business direction to stakeholders and executive management
- Ensures compliance with project management policies and standards
- Identifies, tracks and manages all project related issues, risks, change requests and action items.
- Responsible for appropriate issue and risk escalation.
- Prepares and facilitates project presentations to different levels of the organization
- Provides performance feedback on project team members to the team member's resource manager.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Project Management preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 1-4 yrs related experience. We will consider entry level candidates with a Bachelor’s degree
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively manage cross-functional relationships within a matrixed environment
- Ability and interest in obtaining PMP and Certified Scrum Master certification in the future
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management best practices, methodology, and deliverables
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean or Six Sigma principles to enable continuous improvement and re-engineering options
- High emotional intelligence and strong decision making skills
- Capable of achieving results and managing ambiguity