We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our Legal Services team in Marshall, MN. Under direct or general supervision this position is responsible for handling auto liability claims alleged against the company by investigating verifying and adjusting claims asserted against Schwan's by third-parties.
What will you get from Us:
- Opportunity to develop action plans for product liability claims.
- Ability to learn and develop experience within legal support
- Understanding of appropriate corporate and departmental policy
- Verifies procedures to makes judgments regarding liability risk.
- Investigates and gathers facts regarding claims involving auto liability in a timely manner for purposes of determining liability.
- Verifies auto liability damages allegedly through proper investigation
- Develops action plans and dates for completion of action items for the auto liability claims to assist with timely and cost-effective resolution
- Aggressively pursues recovery from liable third-parties
- Uses required working knowledge of jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with the facts and circumstances pertinent to the claim to implement effective strategies for early and cost effective resolution
- Effectively negotiates resolution of auto liability claims
- Prepares correspondence and settlement agreements where appropriate related to the handling of the auto liability claims and/or resolution thereof
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 0 - 3 years of related experience
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Competent computer and typing skills in using Microsoft Office products including Access Word Excel PowerPoint; basic analytical and problem solving skills; basic interpersonal and communication skills; basic presentation skills; basic negotiation skills; strong organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to work independently; ability to embrace a dynamic environment; demonstrated desire for personal and professional growth
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.