As a Director of FSQ Operations, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction in the development and implementation of quality management strategies and quality continuous improvement initiatives. This position will have direct leadership responsibility for FSQ and Sanitation teams at multiple manufacturing facilities across the US.
- Assist with strategic planning and providing a framework for company growth and future development, also responsible for directing the ongoing management of the Quality Management System throughout our manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with FSQ teams and plant leadership to execute strategic quality and food safety initiatives and to ensure company specification requirements are communicated to key stakeholders and quality assurance procedures are in place to ensure products meet company and regulatory standards.
- Directs plant FSQ and Sanitation activities that ensure compliance with all general quality, safety, and regulatory policies and procedures in accordance with Company Local, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Develops and manages department budget following corporate guidelines.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute quality assurance programs and develop metrics to measure performance and success for the organization.
- Collaborate with R&D, GSC, and BU Marketing Leadership in new product development process.
- Collaborate with Director of Food Safety to define and/or revise appropriate Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point programs to assure proper food safety measures are in place.
- Collaborate with Operations and FSQ Supply Quality teams to define, enhance, communicate, and train key stakeholders on new ingredients and materials Quality Assurance programs. Also responsible for collaborating with applicable departments to communicate quality requirements to outside vendors.
- Responsible for developing direct reports and ensure training is defined and provided to FSQ staff.
- Function as quality subject matter expert and liaison to outside trade organizations.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Chemical Science or Biology Master's degree preferred.
- Solid demonstrated proficiency with numeric data analysis as well as statistics.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents, including professional and technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Strong analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Familiar with experimental design. Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Intermediate PC Skills