Schwan's Company is hiring an EHS Manager in Marshall, MN. (We offer relocation!)
In the Marshall complex of plants, we produce ice cream, specialty snacks, sauces and beverages. You will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for the 500+ employees by implementing and monitoring our safety, risk and environmental programs. We’ve made great strides in our safety culture, and this is an opportunity to be a vital contributor in continuing to meet our goals. This manager will lead and mentor one EHS Specialist. Great opportunity to transfer from other industries into an exciting career in consumer packaged goods!
- Maintains all safety reports, logs and other documentation to ensure compliance with federal, state and local agencies.
- Facilitates all government safety inspections for designated location(s) and responds in a timely manner to inquiries/inspections by loss control service provider and government agencies (OSHA, EPA, Insurance Carrier etc.).
- Develops, maintains and implements safety/environmental procedures, programs, incentive programs and awareness material to reduce, control and eliminate occupational safety/ environmental and health hazards.
- Develops and provides direction for Safety Committees.
- Performs accident investigations, conducts safety audits to ensure compliance with company & governmental regulations, ensures understanding and enforcement of plant safety rules.
- Provides special training programs (fall protection, scissor lift etc), including Supervisor safety training and special employee safety training programs, maintains accident records and supporting documentation.
- Ensures that facility and all contractors/vendors are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local safety/environmental regulations
- Conducts environmental audits to ensure compliance with company and governmental procedures and regulations.
- Undertakes or directly supervises the undertaking of identification of hazards, evaluation of risk and the design and implementation of hazard control measures applicable to research projects, teaching, fieldwork, purchasing plant equipment and chemicals and service operations.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of procedures and interventions arising from risk assessment, including occupation health and safety considerations in the design specification, purchase, hire, lease and supply of new plant equipment, materials, products and substances used in the work place.
- Ensures the provisions of plant safety systems and personal protective equipment required to control the risk of hazards in the workplace.
- Facilitate the reporting of workplace hazards to the person(s) who can implement corrective action.
- Oversee the implementation of corrective action arising from an accident investigation and hazard reports.
Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years related work experience
- Previous Management Experience in Risk Management/Safety area preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations with respect to OSHA, Workers' Compensation, ADA, EPA regulations, USDA and other applicable Acts and a demonstrated/leadership role.
- Experience in Loss Control, Consulting, or Industrial Health and Safety.
- Experience in Managed Care, Return-To- Work, and/or Claims Management.
- Ability to lead, influence and inspire others.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training sessions and give presentations to small and/or large groups of people.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.