We are seeking to hire an EHS Specialist for our plants in Marshall, MN. In this complex of plants we produce ice cream, specialty snacks, sauces and beverages. Under the guidance of our EHS Manager, you will work to achieve a manufacturing environment free of work-related injuries and to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Recent grads with an interest in Industrial Safety are encouraged to apply. Great entry point into a solid company with many career growth opportunities!
- Assists in organizing and administering a comprehensive safety and compliance program.
- Performs root cause analysis to investigate incidents and identifies possible changes to reduce the potential for reoccurrence or failure of a covered process; in the event of employee culpability: develops action plans for remedial training, provides coaching and counseling, and/or recommends disciplinary action.
- Formulates and communicates general safety practices to be followed by company personnel to ensure all covered processes comply with applicable regulations and/or standards.
- Develops and maintains cross-functional partnerships and acts as a consultant regarding the design and use of equipment and/or processes to reduce the potential for loss or risk exposure and to ensure that compliance and safety goals are being met.
- Assists in organizing and maintaining an active safety committee to include facilitating meetings and promoting employee engagement.
- Coordinates the Risk Management Program (RMP) and Process Safety Management (PSM) program for 24/7 operations to include documentation, compliance initiatives, and reporting requirements to EPA, OSHA, and local authorities to ensure all program elements meet or exceed applicable regulations.
- Assists in coordinating the PSM Mechanical Integrity audits, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) Compliance Audits, (CA) and Management of Change (MOC) as required to effectively manage covered processes in compliance with all applicable regulations including, but not limited to, creating and maintaining all required documentation.
- Helps ensure recommendations from audits/inspections are completed in a timely manner.
- Inspects facility for hazards to reduce the potential of loss/risk further define hazards recommend improvements and monitor compliance initiatives and recommendations.
- Coordinates the inspection and monitoring of all fire protection systems to ensure they are maintained and operated in compliance with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements, company standards, and insurance carrier recommendations to ensure fire protection systems perform as designed.
- Develops and conducts training programs in coordination with Learning & Development to enhance existing programs or develop new programs to further reduce the potential for accidents injuries or other loss.
- Interfaces with federal and state regulatory agencies for inspections audits and compliance issues.
- Monitors, updates, and distributes changes to the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and assists with training.
- Coordinates hazardous materials response team training documentation and facilitates coordination with local, state, and national response teams as directed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer experience preferable in Microsoft, Word, Excel, and/or Access.
Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and other State or Federal program requirements.
Work experience or education in Occupational Safety and Health Industrial Hygiene and/or Industrial Safety and Health.
Must be willing to obtain training in safety, PSM, and environmental regulations and related programs.
Experience with plant operations and processes preferred.
Able to work in both hot and cold environments.