As a Corporate Procurement Manager at Schwan’s you will be responsible for the direction, development, coordination, and implementation of all sourcing activities to support overall business needs.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies potential suppliers, organizes and negotiates costs terms and conditions, and manages assigned product categories within multiple business units for assigned products.
- Possess a high degree of understanding of assigned product categories, alternative vendors, and their offerings. Monitors cost trends for key commodities impacting assigned product categories.
- Develops sourcing strategy for assigned product categories, evaluates supplier capabilities and capacities within assigned product categories.
- Negotiates supplier agreements/contracts using corporate contract guidelines and manages vendor relationships contracts and promotional agreements.
- Maintains organized records of commodities, agreements, vendors, and their performance.
- Oversees and participates with other departments regarding technical product specification changes and identifies product optimizing opportunities (cost savings). Maintains a close working relationship with all departments and business units including manufacturing, sales, marketing, purchasing, R&D, FSQ, and Logistics.
- Prepares and presents reports to upper management as required.
- Manages, trains, and develops subordinates.
Years of Related Experience: 5-8 years related sourcing experience in the food industry
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, SAP, and Power Point to prepare reports and presentation for upper management.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills,
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of company and group products policies processes etc.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, achieve objectives, manage confidential information, and work cooperatively in groups.